The University of Szeged improves its rankings in the latest QS World University Rankings by Subject. The results put the University of Szeged tying for the first place in Biological Sciences in Hungary. The University also climbs up the international rankings in several areas and has been included in new Subject lists.
1 543 higher education institutions are evaluated in this year’s survey measuring 5 subject areas and 51 subjects, and reviewing 15 200 training programmes, more than 14.7 million academic papers and 96 million citations. QS World University Rankings by Subject uses 6 indicators, such as academic and employer reputation, research citations per paper, H-index, International Research Network (by broad faculty area), which measures the international diversity of research collaborations, and which was added to the indicators this year.
Every year the University of Szeged achieves outstanding positions in international higher education rankings.
This year it was as follows:
- In the ranking of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, the University also improved its ranking: it is in the group of best 301-350 in the world.
- In Medical Sciences SZTE ranks amongst the top 351-400 internationally, which results in moving up in the Hungarian ranking, and coming in a close second.
The University has performed the strongest in the subject area of Life Sciences and Medicine:
- SZTE carries out the best result in Biological Sciences betwixt the Hungarian higher education institutions: climbing up from 501-550 to 451-500 in the international ranking and meaning a tie for the first place in Hungary.
- In the subject list of Agriculture and Forestry, SZTE continues to maintain its position with 351-400th place which is an excellent result.
SZTE also performed very well in the QS Natural Sciences:
- Moving up one category in Chemistry in both the international (501-550th) and the national rankings (tied second).
- In Physics and Astronomy, it also climbed up a category to 501-550th place.
- The University also moved up in Mathematics: it is amongs 401-450th worldwide, which is also a podium position in Hungary.
- This year, for the first time Computer Science and Informatics is listed within the subject area of Engineering and Technology. It is ranked amongst the 651-670th and it is a podium third place in the Hungarian ranking.